News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Left Upper Back side of neck swollen sore lump

auntjemima - Sat May 05, 2007 11:45 pm

27 yr. old female. no medical illnesses. I do have a cyst in my wrist and it kinda feels like that. There are 2 main mucles on the back of my neck going under my skull the left muscle is swollen and sore and there is a lump under my skull and the swelling is just under the scalp over my skull. The pain strecthes about 2 inches and the lump I can feel throbbing or pulsing. The lump is nickel sized. I did not have a head injury lately. I had 1 person said it appeared red another said no. I Just noticed this last night and it has not gone down but I do keep checking it - I am worried. Today I did have a headache and dizziness. I was lightheaded after I blew dry my hair upside down like I normally do but don't get lightheaded from.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:00 pm

User avatar There are many lymph nodes in the area you are describing. It may be that one has become swollen and inflamed.

When you say it is pulsating it may also be a collection of blood vessels.

If it is getting larger or more painful, or if it is not improving in the next few days you should have it evaluated.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here