News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cancer Topics

Question: Hard painless lump in groin

angel1 - Sun May 06, 2007 6:05 pm

Hi. I noticed a large hard painless lump in right groin 8 days ago. 2 days ago it started to get larger. I tried to shave over it because I was trying to get an appointment with my doctor. Now a small area in the center of the lump is reddened, soft, and painful but the larger area is still hard and painless. I have had 2 ingrown hairs in the past. This bump doesn't have a center entry for a hair. I'm not sure if it is just getting irritated because it has gotten so large that it rubs against my leg and clothing, or if it is something I need to worry about. The whole lump is approximately 3 centimeters wide and 7centimeters long. The irritated portion is on top of the lump and soft and I can still feel the hard area underneath it. My doctors appointment is not until May 24 and I'm not sure if there is any urgency to try and get in sooner. Any advice is appreciated.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:53 am

User avatar By now you've likely already seen your doctor. I apologize for the delay in responding.

Off hand, you may have a swollen lymph node or possibly an underlying skin abscess that has been walled off by the body.

An evaluation by your doctor is likely to give you some good direction about determining the cause.

Best wishes. Again, I apologize for the delay.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here