Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cancer Topics

Question: Hard painless lump in groin

angel1 - Sun May 06, 2007 6:05 pm

Hi. I noticed a large hard painless lump in right groin 8 days ago. 2 days ago it started to get larger. I tried to shave over it because I was trying to get an appointment with my doctor. Now a small area in the center of the lump is reddened, soft, and painful but the larger area is still hard and painless. I have had 2 ingrown hairs in the past. This bump doesn't have a center entry for a hair. I'm not sure if it is just getting irritated because it has gotten so large that it rubs against my leg and clothing, or if it is something I need to worry about. The whole lump is approximately 3 centimeters wide and 7centimeters long. The irritated portion is on top of the lump and soft and I can still feel the hard area underneath it. My doctors appointment is not until May 24 and I'm not sure if there is any urgency to try and get in sooner. Any advice is appreciated.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:53 am

User avatar By now you've likely already seen your doctor. I apologize for the delay in responding.

Off hand, you may have a swollen lymph node or possibly an underlying skin abscess that has been walled off by the body.

An evaluation by your doctor is likely to give you some good direction about determining the cause.

Best wishes. Again, I apologize for the delay.

|