News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: ENLARGED LYMPH NODES AND THYROID GOITRE TESTS OK?

GEEBOP1 - Sat May 12, 2007 6:26 am

Hi i'm Female 28 years old, found a small swelling in neck 4 years ago Dr thought it was a fat lump. more started popping up never painful and no ifection and just on the right hand side of my body. then 12 months after first lump appeared i noticed the same thing happening on left side of body.
Right side neck, under jaw under armpit, groin then
Left side groin under armpit under jaw and neck. then i got a lump in in throat like they met in the middle and was told it was a thyroid goitre, thyroid test normal bloods taken for allsorts of infections and diseases all normal, had scan once some nodes 3-4cm but looked ok. was told just to keep an eye on them and report any changes. lumps have never got smaller or hurt just got slightly bigger but not growing fast.
no family history of anything like this , seem to have baffled drs but would like to know once and for all whats wrong and what test would tell me a definate answer.
please let me know what you suggest.
many thanks Geebop1
 GEEBOP1 - Tue May 15, 2007 10:40 am

sorry forgot to mention the only tests i have had is a scan and a full blood test to rule out allsorts of infections, scan showed lymph nodes are enlarged but nothing to worry about.
i just wanted to know what test i should ask for to be sure that nothing bad is going off. blood said all is well apart from a bit of aneamia. iron tablets prescribed and thats all.
read somewhere that a lymph node biopsy or removal of a few nodes would be the only way to make sure everything is ok. is this what i should be asking for?

all comments greatly appreciated.

many thanks Geebop1

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here