Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Back & chest pain, glands - symptoms every month

carbuff - Fri May 18, 2007 4:10 pm

I'm a 34 year old male, healthy, no smoking, exercise, good weight, etc.

Over the last 18+ months, I had all kinds of weird symptoms/problems. They range from:

mild chest paid, weird feeling in the throat to top of my stomach, swollen glands on both sides of my neck, swollen glands underneath my chin, dizziness, numbness in my right leg and right arm, back pain in the dead center of my bad (that spot where you can't really touch with your fingers), other small lumps in my neck (one behind my left ear I've had since I'm 12, one right below it, and one really small one that moves around near my right colar bone). Used to feel tired too.

Lately, the only symptoms I've had is the swollen glands in both sides of my neck (can be painful, whole neck feels like it's swollen). This produces a slight pain up to my ears. I also still have the slight check pain and back pain. Shoulders are sore too, every 30 minutes I can lift both my shoulders and my neck will crack. Same with if I angle my head right or left, it will crack (like nuckles, only does it every 30+ minutes).

Had multiple blood work done. Everything was normal, one time my calcium was high, but had it taken again a few months later and it went down. Had a MRI of my brain for the dizziness, came back normal - never was dizzy again after that. Had a 2D echo of my heart, that came back normal with the exception of a mild leaky valve. Oh, used to have 120 of 80 blood pressure for years, not it can be much higher, been as high as 150 or 93. BTW, when my calcium was high, it was 10.6. I didn't get the # when they said it went down. My white blood cell count was 8.8 in Nov 2006, in Apr 2004 it was 4.7 - is that an alarm? Bck in Apr 2004 my calcium even back then was 9.8.

I've cut coffee back from 2-3 cups a day to 1 and tried to eliminate caffine besides that. Also trying to reduce salt for my blood pressure, but seems hard to do! I've also stopped taking Clarinex for my mild alergies (blood work showed dog, ragweed, and dust allergies - i have a dog). But just stopped it so I was drug free. Stopped my Centrum multi-vitamin too when they said I had higher calcium (eat a lot of cheese and milk too). Tried GERD meds too per Dr., seemed to help with that chest pain.

I've seen 3 drs, each time they don't seem concerned with my glands. But they have been swollen off and on for 1+ year now.

Had a lot of stress too, 2 deaths in the family within 3 months (ended up being executor and responsible for a lot). A lot of chest pain and dizzyness/numbness started then.

Sorry for the long post, but any thoughts?
 carbuff - Fri May 18, 2007 4:57 pm

BTW, forgot to mention zero night sweats and no weight loss (actually slight gain). Have noticed dryer skin than normal for this time a year (arms, but that could be from the convertible :-), but lower legs are dry - haven't been in the sun). Thanks!
 ferm13 - Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:08 pm

hey, I just wanted to let you know that I am a male aged 18 and I have experienced many of the same symptoms of you over a long period of time. I have swollen glands on the sides of my neck, painful, I've had backpain as well, the only extra is I have pain on the top of my head as well as my forehead, all of my texts have come up clean like yours, please let me know if ever you find out what's up!

|