News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Brain Tumors

Question: What's this bump I have in the back of my head?

Revolution - Mon May 21, 2007 2:35 am

I haven't had any headaches or any other ailments that would make me suspect I have a brain tumor. I don't remember bumping my head against anytying.

I have had a bump in the back of my head, however, for the last x years. I don't know exactly for long I have had this bump, but I have had it for an unknown amount of years. It's not too big. It's not something that's obvious to the eye. You can only tell it's there if you touch my head. If you were to look at this picture
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Huma ... nes%29.svg I'd say the bump is about an inch to the right of the interseccion of the temporal, the pariental, and the occipital, in the left side of my head.

How come I never told about this to my doc? I keep forgetting. It's not like I am in pain, so it's easy to just forget about it and move on with my life.

I was told this wouldn't be a brain tumor, since brain tumors grow inside of the skull, but just to be on the safe side, I'd like to hear some opinions.

As I said, I've had this bump for quite some time now, so if it's something malign chances are I am ****** already, but it's good to know anyway.
 Revolution - Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:00 pm

Does this silence mean I am ok?

Can someone say something? A doctor, a nurse, I don't care who, but say something.
 themaniac003 - Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:51 pm

Hey man..I joined this site just to tell that I have the same exact thing that you speak of. I have had a bump on the back of my head all my life...

it is only noticeable when I cut my hair short or you feel my head just like you described...From what the docters have told me about it is not harmfull in anyway...

you can get it removed if you want, but i really never thought about it. What I think it is though is some sort of sist...All I can say is a feel your pain!!! i hate having this thing, mainly because of what the girls will think. =)
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:48 am

User avatar Hi,
Having gone through your post, i can venture to mention some of the possibilities.
It could be a sebaceous cyst (pilar cyst) or an epidermoid cyst.Both of these are benign.It is very unlikely to be anything serious.However, please get yourself examined by a surgeon.Good luck!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here