News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Brain Tumors

Question: Headaches = Brain Tumor?

wesman200098 - Sun May 27, 2007 4:11 pm

I am a 25 yr. old male, and for the past week, I have had a dull headache plus a feeling of light headedness. I am kinda dizzy, but it isn't vertigo when everything seems to be spinning, just a feeling of light headedness. This headache is usually in both temples, and it seems to come and go. It never wakes me up, and it usually feels the best when I lay down. I haven't notice any vision or hearing problems. This feeling usually starts in the morning or early afternoon, and then subsides in the evening when I am about to go to bed. I am not vomiting, and I don't have much feeling of being nauseated. One other symptom is that I usually have a soar throat most mornings when I wake up, and then that quickly goes away. I am really not that congested either. I am not really in severe pain; however, it is annoying. Also, the headache gets better if I am active and moving around. When I am sitting or standing, that is when it tends to be the worse. Could this be a brain tumor, or something common like sinuses or allergies, eventhough I don't know if I have any allergies or not. Should I go to the doctor? I have tried taking Tylenol and Excedrin, but it doesn't seem to completely take the headache away. I am now going to try and take sinus medicine. Thanks.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:56 pm

User avatar While brain tumors can cause headaches, this is not a common cause. You are much more likely to have headaches for other reasons and it might be worthwhile to see a neurologist if they are interfering with your life. Of course allergies could play a role. I would get it checked out. Good luck.
 wesman200098 - Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:10 pm

Thank you very much for the help. I went to the doctor, and he found it to be a sinus infection! I really do appreciate everything that you all do.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here