News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cancer Topics

Question: leukemia?

percyvirginia - Wed May 30, 2007 10:43 am

Hello, since saturday that as just passed 26 may, i have had pains in my legs and lower back, on monday i noticed lots of bruises on the tops of both my legs, abdomen and the top of my arm, generally, i have been feeling tired and quite poorly, i visited my gp yesterday who ordered a fbc etc, but today under my right rib is really hurting, i keep on feeling quite sick and have the occasional stomach cramps, and palpitations i've researched the net and amongst other things i noticed leukemia.
i'm 29, female, have had three c sections may 2002, june 2005 and october 2006 and had my appendix out at 17 yrs of age. diabetied runs in my grandparents and cousins and high blood pressure with my mother, i'm currentley taking citalopram. any ideas? thankyou.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:17 am

User avatar Hello,

Are the results of the FBC out yet? Until we know what the results are all we can suspect is that you may have a bleeding disorder (eg, platelet disorders). This can be the result of many things that are more common than leukemia. While leukemia is a possibility your other symptoms are not specific enough to warrant the diagnosis of leukemia at this stage.

Please update us when the results of your investigations come out.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here