News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Head and Neck Cancer

Question: Hard neck lump

daveybasso2 - Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:07 am

Hello =)
about a month ago i found a hard roundish (maybe oval) mass on the lower left of my neck behind that big muscle that runs upside your neck...now its very firm (rubbery) but it has great mobility (i can move it from left to right and it glides along the underlying tissues (muscles) im wondering if i have a schwannoma? it feels like its solid cartalige and its on a stalk? a tail? of some kind? it feels like whatever it is is attached to some pre exsisting "tendon" or nerve or something..also i have alot of the symptoms of hypothyroid as well...the episodal severe depression, the impossiblity of loosing weight no matter how strict i am on a diet, super dry skin i have some fat under my jaw so i don't know if thats from thyroid or not...im really scared and hope i don't have cancer....i also have pains in my shoulder,neck and shoulder joint areas sometime...nothing major but still noticeable...like a dull ache...i also have very bad teeth (have for many many years)..ive been reading about schwannoma and it seems like what i have could be that...any ideas?
 daveybasso2 - Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:09 am

yes i forgot, im male 37 years old no family history of cancer but family history of hyperthyroid , no past surgerys and im taking toporol xl 50 mg a day for hypertension
 daveybasso2 - Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:49 pm

is this question ever gonna get answered ? lol

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here