Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: Pian in Left teste

smbbcoach - Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:01 pm

I am alomst 42 and last Thursday, I began to have a pain inmy back and hip area. Since then, the pain has moved and primaryly be in my left teste. It is sowlen 2-3X's its normal size,very high level of pain when I move. Getting up and down is a chore, the pain extends through out my groin area into my stomsch and back. Iwalk hunched over for the first few steps. When I lie down, as long as I donot move I am ok, but any movement in my legs is painful for the teste.

I wasmoving some books last week and do not know ifthathas anything to dowith this or not.

I donot know ifI have "busted a ball" lifting the books, herniated some muslce, or if this is something much more serious.

Any leads or hlep

Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:14 am

User avatar There are a few possibilities including a hernia in which the intestine has moved into the scrotum and is having trouble moving back into the abdomen. An infection in the scrotum is also possible. You may also have a muscle strain causing problems.

The more concerning possibility is testicular torsion. This is considered an emergency. I would recommend that you be evaluated as soon as possible to see what is causing your pain.

smbbcoach - Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:20 am

I did see my dr. and he thought it was the torsion. After ultrasound, it was discovered that it was just an infection that had gotten very bad. I am on antibiotics right now. The pain has gone away, and it is still a bit sowlen, but mostly gone.

|