Forum Name: Head and Neck Cancer

Question: very hard lump above collar bone

megg - Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:10 am

Hello! I am a 30 yo female with a very hard, fixed, golf ball size lump just above my collar bone(along with drenching night sweats, severely itchy legs to the point I scratch until I bleed and radiating pain down my left arm). This started out as a pea sized lump in November. I finally decided to seek the advice of my dr. He sent me to get a CT scan with contrast and it came back clear. I am so confused and wondering if I should seek another opinion. I am not feeling well and need to get this resolved. Any help would be so greatly appreciated.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:21 pm

User avatar I would recommend that you continue to pursue this. If you are unable to get a diagnosis with imaging you may need to have a biopsy of the lump to see what the cause is.

If needed, I would recommend you request a second opinion and continue to follow up with your doctor until this is resolved.

megg - Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:46 am

Thank you so much for your reply. I have one more question. Yesterday my doctor called me and said he *thinks* it is a rib. Is it possible for a rib to grow? I am even more confused now. Thank you in advance for your help!
 debmatt - Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:12 pm

Megg,

I agree that the lump should be biopsied. The bump along with the symptoms sound like it could be lymphoma. Please go see an ENT doctor if you can. I don't want to alarm you but it is best to be safe.

Deb

|