Forum Name: Liver Cancer

Question: I need to know the difference

writerdljones - Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:11 am

About 3 years ago, my father died from liver cancer, he was in stage four, and was told that he would have no chance of survival. About one week ago, a good friend called and said HE has stage four liver cancer and is on some special medication for it. I am 18, female, and confused. Please help me by explaining this difference if it the same disease and same stage, how can there be a medication to possibly sae one and not the other.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:58 pm

User avatar I am not particularly knowledgeable in the area of liver cancer but in general once case of cancer is not the same as the next one, even though it may be the same type. Cancer is quite individualized.

In addition, it may be that there have been new treatments that have come about in the last 3 years. Cancer research is continually discovering new treatments.

I hope this helps a little. Please feel free to post follow-ups if you have more questions.

|