News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: painful mass in the armpit

Priya - Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:41 am

I am a 19 year old girl. I found some swelling and bloated skin about the size of a walnut in my right armpit about 8 months back. the area is slightly painful when i touch it. i cant find any hard lumps except for the nodes. i got it checked by a doctor but she didnt feel any lump and just gave me some pain killers saying that its muscle pain. but i am still doubtful as it has not decreased in size...also the size of my right breast has increased and i feel a lot of itching on the breast.i don't have any family history of breast cancer though my mother did suffer from fibroids in the uterus. i am really worried....could this be serious...should i get it checked again.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:48 pm

User avatar Hello,

While both your description as well as the fact that you were examined are reassuring, I always tend to respect a patient's perception of her own breast. Its tricky since you are very young.

However, I would agree that a second opinion is in order mainly because you have new symptoms and if only to put your mind at ease.

Best regards,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here