News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Recurring Hodgkins??--side of neck swollen

honeysugar - Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:39 pm

I'm a (nearly) 35 year old female. I was diagnosed with stage 2, Nodular Schlerosing Hodgkins Lymphoma in April, 2006. I opted for a clinical trial of AVG chemotherapy--6 cycles, with no radiation.

Finished chemo in October, 2006, and had clean scans in late October, January, and March (despite one node on the right side of my neck enlarged again). I have scans again on July 23rd, but now the whole side of my neck is swollen. My oncologist does not seem to be concerned, although he has not actually seen me since the side of my neck swelled up. Additionally, I seem to have substantial fatigue.

My questions are these: What is the chance my cancer has returned? What else could this be? (bloodwork shows nothing abnormal, including thyroid) What should I be asking my oncologist in a couple weeks?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:16 pm

User avatar When one has had lymphoma a recurrence must always be considered when lymph nodes begin to swell.

The best thing I can recommend is to see your doctor for a hands-on evaluation. Unfortunately I cannot give you any statistics about the chances of recurrence as I'm not familiar enough with them to say accurately. This is a good question for your oncologist.

It is generally true that the longer you go without a recurrence the less the chances of recurrence are.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here