Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Lumps in neck

lydfra - Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:01 am

Hello, I am a 33 yr old female. I have been healthy and had not had any cold since the last winter. I am the type of person that never goes to the doctor's unless there is something that hurts (severe pain) or absolutely wrong. For the past month to maybe two months I have found lumps in the back of my neck (right side), also one on my neck closer to my spine area and one on the side of my face near my ear. I didn't think anything much of them until the one on the right side of my neck started to hurt and feel sore. The hurt and soreness has been going on for about 3 weeks now, I wake up every morning feeling like someone hit me in the back of my head. I also have been having problems with night sweats. Could these me something I should have checked out by my family doctor?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:02 pm

The answer will always be yes, you should have it examined. The problem is while we may be able to give you insight to your question we are unable to assess your case soley through assessing the textual information you provide on this forum.

On the other hand, many times painful and tender lymph nodes in the areas you have described are the result of an infection.

Please keep us updated.

|