News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Lumps on one side of my neck

Darwin79 - Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:07 am

7/23/07
Male
In Pretty Good Shape
Healthy and eat well
Over worked
Under Slept
Some Allergies (mushrooms serious)
No history of anything else serious
Have taken Ritalin as a study aid over last 2 years but am done w school now so no more...

Issue
7/19/07 I noticed some bumps (like bug bites) on my scalp (right side). They itched so I scratched. They are and have been tender since. Right side above ear is also tender.
7/20/07 I noticed what I thought was a pimple behind my ear (Right side) over skull . It also itched so I scratched. There are now two small lumps. Somewhat hard like a caper and a grape. Also tender.
7/217/23/07 I have has a series of swollen lymph glands in my neck (right side). From the 21st close to ear. This morning the 23rd extending to mid to lower neck (right side). All range from caper to grape. All tender to touch.Abput 4 total.

I am not feverish, no night sweats, no fatigue aside from normal working too much. Stool is normal…

What’s the deal? I’m going in for a blood panel tomorrow if I can be squeezed in.

Please advise. I’m freaking out. Way too much to do to expire now.

Thanks!
 Darwin79 - Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:26 pm

[quote="Darwin79"]7/23/07
Male
In Pretty Good Shape
Healthy and eat well
Over worked
Under Slept
Some Allergies (mushrooms serious)
No history of anything else serious
Have taken Ritalin as a study aid over last 2 years but am done w school now so no more...

Issue
7/19/07 I noticed some bumps (like bug bites) on my scalp (right side). They itched so I scratched. They are and have been tender since. Right side above ear is also tender.
7/20/07 I noticed what I thought was a pimple behind my ear (Right side) over skull . It also itched so I scratched. There are now two small lumps. Somewhat hard like a caper and a grape. Also tender.
7/217/23/07 I have has a series of swollen lymph glands in my neck (right side). From the 21st close to ear. This morning the 23rd extending to mid to lower neck (right side). All range from caper to grape. All tender to touch.
Abput 4 total.

I am not feverish, no night sweats, no fatigue aside from normal working too much. Stool is normal…

What’s the deal? I’m going in for a blood panel tomorrow if I can be squeezed in.

Please advise. I’m freaking out. Way too much to do to expire now.

Thanks![/quote]

7/24/07
Went to Dr today and had my blood drawn They did a series of tests and find nothing abnormal.
So now what??? Biopsie?

Bumps still there. All conditions above still present.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here