Forum Name: Head and Neck Cancer

Question: Sharp pain in the back right of head

bbauhs - Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:28 am

My fiance is 21 and just recently started experiencing sharp pains in the back of his head, which also happened if he tried to look over his shoulder or applied pressure with his teeth. He says that it happens 5 to 6 times a day. I am not convinced that it is nothing, and he of course thinks its a tumor but I simply want to know what could be causing this pain so he can have it check out by a NAVY doctor (deployed active duty).
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:37 pm

User avatar Hello Bbauhs,

Pain that occurs with turning the head or clinching the jaw is unlikely to be caused by a tumor. More likely, he has a pinched nerve in his neck that is being aggravated by the movement or pressure.

I would recommend he see his doctor for a thorough evaluation.

|