News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Head and Neck Cancer

Question: worried bump on back of head.

bo - Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:10 pm

I'm a 41 male in good health.about a month ago I found a bump on the back of my head on the right side.Its about an inch higher than my ear is and its about an inch to the right of the spine its not very big maybe the size of a pea or 2 peas.When I touch it, it hurts a little bit its not a real bad pain but it does hurt and then after a minute then pain goes away.sometimes my neck will hurt on its own with a dull jolt of pain that comes and goes a few times a day.The bump never moves it always in the same spot and its never gotten any bigger.im really worried about what could this be?and should I be concerned about it?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:39 pm

User avatar There are a number of cysts that you can get which might fit this description and they are typically not serious and need no treatment. But, without seeing a doctor it would be impossible to say if this is what is going on. I wouldn't feel an urgency but would recommend you see a dermatologist for an evaluation if it doesn't go away in a few weeks or if it gets worse, you develop fever, redness, or other symptoms.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here