News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cancer Topics

Question: Penile Cancer

wesman200098 - Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:08 am

I am 25 male, and a little over two years ago, I had a little sore develop on the shaft of my penis. It turned into a scab, and then it completely went away a couple of days later. I haven’t had anymore of these, and at the time I had never had sex, only oral. What could this have been? Could this have been penile cancer? If it was penile cancer, would I have developed more symptoms than I did, and would it have spread? Since it was 2 years ago and since it hasn’t come back, I am not too concerned about it anymore, but I just wanted to ask. I never went to the doctor for it cause I was out of town for a month and since it didn’t last long.

One other question that I have is that I have small, tiny little bumps on the shaft and at the base of my penis. They kinda look like bumps where the hair follicles are located. From all the pictures that I have seen, they don't seem to be warts. Is it normal to have little bumps? They don't itch, bleed, or nothing. Again, I have only had oral sex.

Thanks.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:25 pm

User avatar Hi Wesman200098,

I think it is highly unlikely that what you had was penile cancer. It would be very unusual for a cancer to appear rapidly then disappear in a few days.

It is much more likely that you had a clogged pore or slight skin infection that subsequently resolved.

The bumps you describe are likely normal. It is common for hair follicles to have a bumpy appearance.

If you develop new symptoms or are still concerned I would recommend you see your doctor for an evaluation.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here