Forum Name: Anal Cancer

Question: Grape sized lump on anus opening

zpeedz22 - Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:39 pm

I am a 19 year old male. Im fairly healthy, I do smoke ciggarettes but i do not think that is related in this matter in any way. About two weeks ago when taking a shower i noticed a bump on the opening of my anus, upon further examination I discovered a grape sized lump directly on the opening of my anus its purple in color and quite large. Im realy concerned as to what this is, and i would like to have some kind of idea as to what im dealing with before I go to a doctor. I have read online other people's situation but all describe a small pea sized lump mine is alot larger the size of a grape again stated. It does not hurt when deficating or when sitting, but when touching it it feels soft and quite weird like if it was sore but not to the point that i cant handle it. Its been a little over a week now and it has not shrunk or changed at all still the same size and i feel weird about a doctor inspecting that area. 1st off what kind of doctor would I need to see for this? and this bump wasent there for long i recently noticed it a little over a week ago. When i try to think of it, it appeared after taking a **** mayb i pushed to hard im not sure. Please doctors any ideas as to what this might be?

Regards,
Online User
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:45 am

User avatar Hi Online User,

It is likely that what you are seeing is an enlarged blood vessel (commonly called a hemorrhoid). This size is still compatible with this diagnosis.

I would recommend you see your primary care doctor for an evaluation. If a specialist is needed for some reason you can get a referral at that point.

|