Forum Name: Anal Cancer

Question: Two lumps near anus

HGVCBoy - Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:07 pm

Hi guys! First off I just want to say thank you to all the Dr's and Nurse who provide advise.. i found this site last week, and really.. you're amazing.

Now my problem seems similar to others, but I just wanted to explain the whole story..

I am a 25 year old gay man. In the last month I have had what look like two tags appear near my anus. They appeared within a week of the last time I had sexual intercourse. They are soft, and not normally very painful. Usually they can get itchy, but nothing horrible. Occasionally when I wipe after a BM there may be a little blood. There has only been blood once during a BM, but I think that was from straining.

Now here is some medical history... I have skin tags on my body.. since I seem to have bad luck, they're all in areas that would stink to have them taken off (armpits, near the groin...) And the pictures I've seen online make what I have on my anus look like a skin tag... they're larger than any of the other ones I have.

Last november I had a horrible ordeal with hemorrhoids where. I bled a lot during a couple BMs. I took many sitz baths, and used prep H... I had an allergic reaction to the prep H, AND got an infection. I went to urgent care, was told the hemorrhoid had gone down, and was given a simple antibiotic and painkiller for the infection. From November until July, I've had no other problems.

(Sidenote: family history: My father has many skin tags on his body, and gets hemorrhoids. (Thanks for the genetics dad.))

I have a DR appt in a month.. and from all I've read I think they're tags... I would just like a LITTLE more peace of mind while I wait to see my doc. I'm an over-worrier, so I have obviously worried about anything from stds to cancer. Boo.

Again,. Thanks guys!!
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:10 pm

User avatar Hi HGVCBoy,

From your description it sounds like you probably do have skin tags. It may also be a form of warts from infection with HPV.

It doesn't sound like cancer based on your description. Having your doctor evaluate this is a good idea, though, to give you a better idea of what is going on.

HGVCBoy - Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:10 am

I went to the dr last week. He looked and said it may either be skin tags or warts... He said he was leaning closer to warts since they seemed to appear so quickly. He is referring me to another dr. I don't want to wait for a definite answer. I'm sad he couldn't tell me.

I've been doing more reading, and I read syphilis also can have wart-like symptoms? Does my situation below sound like it could be that?

Thank you for the information. :) Have a great day all!
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:02 am

User avatar Syphilis classically initially presents with a painless lump usually in the genital region that subsequently resolves. It is almost never more than one. Other symptoms can follow this.

Generally, syphilis does not present with wart like features although the initial lump may seem like a wart. Usually the two can be easily distinguished by visual examination.

|