Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: firm bump in upper scrotum

joedoe - Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:43 pm

A week and a half or so ago I noticed a small(smaller than a pea) size bump on the upper left side of my scrotum. It's aprox' 1/2 an inch from the base of the shaft. At first I thought it was a pimple and tried to pop it or possibly an ingrown hair(which is really what it looks like). That didn't do anything except make it sore. It feels as though it is on or next to a tube. I can pull the skin tight around it which makes it look as though it is right under the skin. It is not on the testicle or near it really.
Two days ago I tried to pop it again..not sure why I thought it would pop this time. Nothing new this time..just a little drop of blood where I tried to break the skin.
It seems I irritated it as it has become swollen around the area of the bump(the swollen area seems mushy and is under the skin too) as well as mildy painfully if I touch it. It only hurt before if I was trying to squeeze it. The pain can be described as someone squeezing a testicle and other times it just feels like a group of pubic hair on the scrotum was being pulled. The pain stays within the area of the bump and doesn't seem to radiate anywhere.

Any help is appreciated.
Joe
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:45 pm

User avatar Hi Joe,

You may be feeling a dilation of one of the veins or tubes that run to the testes. If your pain is not getting better in the next day or so I would recommend you have this evaluated by your doctor to get a better idea of what is going on.

joedoe - Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:34 pm

Thanks for the reply.
It is completely gone now with no pain at all. I assume I irritated the vein..or tube.
Thanks again.

|