Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: I'm concerned about a mass that isn't really a lump

Woody37 - Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:46 am

I am 18 years old, Male, I have no past diagnoses, doctors were concerned at my birth that there may have been something wrong with either my penis or testicles, my parents never really told me about, nothing came of it, I don't know of any family history, and I am no medications.

On my left testicle I have had for at least a while now(I'm not sure how long, maybe forever) not so much a lump as a detached mass. I can feel my whole testicle and light from a flash light does pass through it. It is somewhat mobile, but stuck there and I can feel where it attaches. I'm sure I need to see a doctor, but is this likely to be cancerous?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:50 pm

User avatar Hi Woody37,

I agree you should see a doctor to find out for sure what this is. It may be that you are feeling the epididymus. This sits on top of the testis and is the collecting area for sperm (basically). It doesn't typically feel detached though.

You may need an ultrasound to get a better look at things.

Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:51 pm

User avatar Sorry I forgot to actually answer your question. I think what you are describing is unlikely to be cancerous. Cancers of the testes typically present as a hard, painless mass that is firmly attached to the testis.

|