Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Swollen Lymph Node

gsxr750 - Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:38 pm

Hello all,

I have a question regarding a swollen lymph node among the jugular lymph chain on the left side of my neck. Around mid June this lymph node became swollen, as a matter of a fact it was quite large. However, the node got smaller and is now around 1cm large give or take. I have had two doctors examine the node, and also had blood work done. The blood test and urinalysis came up normal. Why is this node still enlarged? I have heard that it is very normal for nodes to do this, but I think about it very often and I am constantly messing around with it. Could it be removed? Sometimes I want to rip it out of my neck. By the way I am an 18 year old male.
 ali79 - Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:19 pm

I have exaclty same lymph node swelling for last two months but i had scalp infection so i know the reason but still infection was gone after a week but its still swellen and its about 1.5cm. I got it eavaluated with two doctors and they said its very normal and sometimes they don't go away completely.They said that I should not be worried unless its start getting bigger and i feel some other symptoms.
Just relax down and don't think about it much.

|