Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: Small lump on top of right testicle

DJ_Nicol - Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:50 am

Hello. I am a 23 year old male in relatively good general health, last week I found a small lump on top of my right testicle, it is not particluraly painful but may have change shape/size over the last week (although this maybe my imagination!). Is this lump supposed to be there or is it likely to be something serious?
Thanks in advance.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:26 pm

User avatar Hi DJ_Nicol,

The epididymus typically sits directly on top of the testis. You may be feeling this. If so, the other testis should have a similar finding.

If it does not I would recommend you be evaluated by your doctor. Testicular cancer is relatively rare but successful outcomes are much higher if the cancer is caught early so it's best to be evaluated to be sure.

DJ_Nicol - Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:02 pm

Dr. Chan Lowe wrote:Hi DJ_Nicol,

Dr Lowe,
I couldn't find the same lump on the other side, however, when I went to the doctor he managed to locate it and said that it was the epididymus. He suggested that when checking myself I should be looking for lumps in the main "body" of the testicle rather than at the top (although not to totally ignore the top) would you agree with that? Thanks again for your response, this site and others like it are an excellent resource for information and I hope it continues for a long time to come!
Dave
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:29 pm

User avatar I would completely agree with your doctor. The epididymus can feel like noodles or more solid. It should not be particularly painful. If you develop lumps in testes they should be evaluated.

|