News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Cancer of Unknown Primary

Question: I have found two lumps in my upper thigh

murphy1982 - Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:17 pm

My name is mike Im 25 yearsold male, I recently was rubbing my upper thigh the top of it to be precise and discovered a lump about the size of my pinky nail I instantly panicked and started examining the rest of my leg in doing so I discovered one more about 2inches above the other one but this one is about the size of my thumb nail there is absoultly no pain associated with either one and they don't seem to move there is also no history of cancer in my family at this age anyway Im ocd and very worried should I be worried or does it sound like something else by what ive explained to you, also I will not be insured untill october and am I ok to wait untill then to have them examined
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:15 pm

User avatar It does not sound like anything that I would consider an emergency. Your October appointment should be fine unless you start to develop other concerning symptoms. Of the skin cancers, melanoma is the most concerning and this does not sound like melanoma. It would be impossible for me to say what it actually is but probably not critical time-wise.
 alice123 - Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:32 am

I am 53 female for about 6 months my right hand gets tingly when I hold my arm in certain positions and at night it completly sleeps. I was rubbing my back and on the right side on my upper trapezius muscle I felt a hard lump about an inch in size could this cause my hand feel this way? What are some of the things it could be?

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here