News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: two lumps on the top of my thigh under the skin

murphy1982 - Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:31 pm

My name is mike Im 25 yearsold male, I recently was rubbing my upper thigh the top of it to be precise and discovered a lump about the size of my pinky nail I instantly panicked and started examining the rest of my leg in doing so I discovered one more about 2inches above the other one but this one is about the size of my thumb nail there is absoultly no pain associated with either one and they don't seem to move there is also no history of cancer in my family at this age anyway Im OCD and very worried should I be worried or does it sound like something else by what ive explained to you, also I will not be insured untill october and am I ok to wait untill then to have them examined It is inside my leg not on the outside I can feel it if I push and feel they are located on my upper thigh on the top
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:39 pm

User avatar I would not be thinking lymphoma at this point. There are many skin conditions that can cause nodular swelling, rashes, etc. It would be impossible to diagnose this without being seen by a doctor and your October appointment should be fine unless you get symptoms of infection such as fever, chills, pain, drainage, etc.

Take care
 Link - Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:00 am

I am 36 yr old male. I have had lump under skin on arm for 10 yrs now, which has grown over that time to about 20mm in diameter. Doctor has examined it an said that it was nothing to worry about but recently i have noticed many many more appearing all over my body. 5 or 6 on each thigh, couple in buttocks, and a couple on side near hips. They are not painful and can be moved under skin. They seem to be spreading and I am going to see doctor soon. I am just a little worried, should i be?

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here