News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: very sore lymph node in neck ... again

spiritualgirl - Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:24 pm

I'm a 36 yr.old female. I do have quite an allergy history. Last July (2006) had hives for 3 months, never finding reason. Just about a month ago I had a very sore lymph node in my neck. That lasted for about 2 wks. It hurt to talk, turn my head, lift my head from pillow etc. I was about to give doctor a call when it started feeling better, so I didn't. Well now a month later it's doing it again. Same exact symptoms, with no cold either time. I do have hives again that just started last week(think they're coming from the sun, heat) and now the lymph node again. It's been sore for a couple of days now. I feel pain with it without even touching it, just to turn head, talk, etc... it's so sore. Doesn't seem swollen though, if it is, it's not visible. Many surgeries in past for female issues, but no surgeries for approx 9 yrs. Meds are premarin, hydrochlorathozide, atenalol, lisinopril, zoloft, baby aspirin, and lunesta. If you could give me some input that would be great. A little concerned about cancer.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:25 pm

User avatar Hi Spirtualgirl,

Occasionally, lymph nodes can become infected with bacteria causing pain. It may also be that you have a viral infection that is not causing symptoms because the immune system is fighting it off. When the immune system becomes active it can cause the lymph nodes to be sore.

I would recommend you have your doctor take a look at this to see if you need antibiotics since this is the second episode.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here