Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Lymphoma

happy one - Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:49 pm

Can Lymphoma spread to your organs in your pelvis?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:00 pm

User avatar Hi Happy One,

Lymphomas are cancers in which normal white blood cells become cancerous. The lymphoma cells travel through the lymphatic tissue and can, thus, travel basically anywhere there is lymphatic tissue (basically anywhere in the body) including the pelvis.

It should be noted that this spread does not necessarily indicate the tumor has become more agressive as it may indicate in a cancer of a different type. It may be that the spread was simply through the lymphatic channels that are normally present rather than invasive action of the cancer.

happy one - Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:13 pm

My Oncologists office called my home to inform me that my blood count is now elevated.She talked to my oldest son and l"ll be seeing her on Thursday.All their office would tell me on the phone is that my blood counts aren't good.I've had bad pain in the pelvic area for several months.No female organs left,Colonoscopy normal.Cystscopy normal.Have liver disease too.Don't know what the liver tests have shown yet.I find that out tommorrow.Do they take the nodes out when they do a total Hysterectomy?The pain is just so bad and I'm sick to my stomach every morning.I pray every morning that my pain meds will work quickly so I won't suffer so much.Thanks for listening.I've got Marginal B Cell Lymphoma.Diagnosed in 2002

|