News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Anal Cancer

Question: Small anal bump

rhia89 - Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:15 am

Hello
I am an 18 year old female and I have never been sexually active. Around a year ago now, I found a small raised bump around 1.5 - 2 cm away from the opening of my anus. The lump is around the size of a pea and perhaps not even that big. It has never caused me any pain and I chose not to see a doctor as I was too embarassed but the other day it was sore at some points throughout the day, however the pain has since dissapeared. The bump blends in with the colour of the rest of my skin but if anything it is a little whiter. I am not yet ready to see a doctor and I would appreciate it if somebody could let me know what it may be. If it is unclear a list of possible diagnoses would be much appreciated.
Thankyou
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:42 pm

User avatar Hi Rhia89,

What you are describing may be an anal skin tag. These are relatively common and generally are harmless. Ocassionally they can become irritated by trauma or friction from clothing, etc.

Since you are not sexually active, other possibilities such as genital warts are virtually a non-possibility.

Best wishes.
 N2ik - Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:21 am

and will this just disappear on its own?

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here