Forum Name: Anal Cancer

Question: really worried about anal lumps

kiwi_girl - Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:36 am

Hi there,

I'm a 20 year old female. About 5 months ago I discovered two small lumps on my anal entrance. They were the size of two small pimples and were just a little bit itchy. At first I thought I had worms because whenever I've had an itchy bum in the past that's what it has been. But after taking worm tablets, the itch was still there.

Over the past five months, the two pimples have grown in size slightly and now resemble skin tags. They look like extra bits of skin. They are incredibly itchy but only late at night. In the daytime I have very little discomfort (if any). Yet at night, it seems as soon as I go to bed...I get a very strong desire to itch. I try not to itch because the area is sore and imflammed, but it is almost impossible not to.

I noticed that there is now another little lump. Sometimes the area is guey, like there my anal region is leaking slightly and it feels slimy.

My poo is the same consistency as mud, it is squelchy with no shape. Very soft yet not soft enough to be diarreha.

I'm not sexually active and I'm slim. I eat fairly healthy and exercise appropriately. I'm very embarrassed to go and see a doctor. I bought a natural hemmarhoid cream from the pharmacy but that didn't seem to make any difference and it only stung to put it on.

I'm really scared that I have anal cancer or something drastic like that. The fear is nearly enough to get me to the doctor but the idea of opening up my bum for them to have a look is very embarrassing.

PLEASE help!!! Any advice would be hugely appreciated thankyou.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:48 pm

I certainly understand your reluctance to expose such areas even to professionals, but I would strongly encourage you to do this - hard as it is. You will likely find it is not as bad as you expect because the staff will be used to dealing with such matters. You could see a proctologist or even a family practice doctor, but it is important to find out what it is. Most likely it will ease your mind because the answer may be that it is nothing to worry about. But, peace of mind is worth a lot!

The itching and soreness are the symptoms that cause me to suggest this. If it were just painless bumps I would say it is probably a skin tag or some form of wart, etc. But, the irritation does cause me to feel there is some type of infection that might need treatment. I would not go so far as to suggest cancer at this point but since it can start out with mild symptoms, getting this checked out is your best defense. Hemorrhoids can be painful and itchy so perhaps this is the problem. In this case, you may find creams along with medicated pads like Tucks to be more helpful than suppositories. Shallow, warm baths will also offer relief.

|