Forum Name: Head and Neck Cancer

Question: Lumps in toddlers neck

mamfabooth - Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:57 pm

I have just found 3 lumps in my 21 month old sons neck, they are just to the left of the nape of his neck and each is about the size of a large pea (one is slightly bigger than the others). They move slightly when touched and the lumps themselves feel like they are full of something. My son has been under the weather for quite a few weeks now, with no obvious causes. He has a lactose intolerance and suffers from a mild case of hayfever in the summer but otherwise is fit and well to the best of my knowledge.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:26 pm

User avatar Hi Mamfabooth,

The area you are describing is where there are several lymph nodes. They commonly will become enlarged during infections. This is a signal that the body is fighting the infection.

If they become painful I would recommend you have them checked out. Otherwise it should be fine to just keep an eye on them. They should go down slowly but it may take a while.

|