News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Colon and Rectal Cancers

Question: bulging in rectal area

sadie87 - Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:02 pm

i am 38 yr old female with mild ulcerative colits for about 2 mos i have had some pressure in my rectal area and sometimes a feeling of a ball in my rectum this gets worse while i am walking, I have gone to a colon rectal dr. and he could not find anything wrong, I also have noticed some lower back dicomfort, near my tailbone, I have no symptoms of a flare and my stools are normal, when I sit down I feel fine, what should I do?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:36 pm

User avatar Hi Sadie87,

You may want to consider seeing your gynecologist for an evaluation to see if your symptoms may be due to the uterus pressing on the rectal area.

If your symptoms persist you may also need some imaging studies, such as a CT scan of the abdomen/pelvis.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here