News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Anal Cancer

Question: Small "lesion" on the inside of rectum

hootie_ti - Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:16 pm

Hi,
The other day I was at work and i noticed a bit of discomfort in my rectal area i went home and checked it out and i had a small "lesion" type thing just on the inside of my rectum. now i feel no pain, nor have any problems with bowel movement, or bleeding. its just a little uncomfortable but most of the time i don't even feel it, also it hasnt gotten any bigger it looks like it has even shrunk a little in size but the fact it is still ther worries me . i have read all over the web about anal tumors and cancer and some of the things i read are similar to this but the side effects arent. also i do shave in that area and i know i had a small cut from it and i am wondering if that may have something to do with it, like maybe its just infected. Not to sure please help me.
Thanks.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:25 pm

User avatar Dear Hootie_ti,

This is most probably what is known as a sentinel pile which is just a skin tag present in many people at the anal verge.

It could also be a manifestation of an std like a wart.

i would recommend that you see your doctor to make sure that this is not an std.

If you don't have any risk factors for stds, you can wait till you see your doctor for the next check-up and mention it to him/her.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.
 hootie_ti - Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:49 pm

Well I'm not a homosexual so its definetly not an STD not to mention that I haven't been sexually active in over a year. however I have been taking some preperation H and it looks to be working very well so I'm guessing it was just a hemorroid. But I appreciate your help.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here