News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Possibly lymphoma?

robyncole22 - Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:07 pm

Hi - I am a 27 year old female. I have a lump in my upper chest - a little below my collar bone - on the right side of my body. I found it about 3 weeks ago and it doesn't seem to be going away. It is painless & I think I noticed it when I was changing one day. I haven't been sick & don't know how long it's been there. I am also getting these tiny red spots on my arm & chest. Also I am really itchy everywhere! Some nights it's hard to fall asleep because I am so itchy. I'm sure it's nothing, but should I go to the doctor to get these symptoms checked out? Could it be lymphoma? As for my family history - my aunt is the only one who has lymphoma (at the age of 38). My mother had breast cancer & my father had bladder cancer.
Thank you for your time.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:10 am

User avatar Hi Robyncole22,

While lymphoma is on the list it is probably fairly far down in the possibilities. It may be that you have a viral infection causing all these symptoms.

I would suggest you have this evaluated by your doctor. The other possibility that should be considered is breast cancer. A significant number of breast cancers will start in the "tail" of the breast that is more up on the chest. Again, this is less likely but should be considered. A direct physical exam will help figure this out.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here