Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Possibly lymphoma?

robyncole22 - Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:07 pm

Hi - I am a 27 year old female. I have a lump in my upper chest - a little below my collar bone - on the right side of my body. I found it about 3 weeks ago and it doesn't seem to be going away. It is painless & I think I noticed it when I was changing one day. I haven't been sick & don't know how long it's been there. I am also getting these tiny red spots on my arm & chest. Also I am really itchy everywhere! Some nights it's hard to fall asleep because I am so itchy. I'm sure it's nothing, but should I go to the doctor to get these symptoms checked out? Could it be lymphoma? As for my family history - my aunt is the only one who has lymphoma (at the age of 38). My mother had breast cancer & my father had bladder cancer.
Thank you for your time.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:10 am

User avatar Hi Robyncole22,

While lymphoma is on the list it is probably fairly far down in the possibilities. It may be that you have a viral infection causing all these symptoms.

I would suggest you have this evaluated by your doctor. The other possibility that should be considered is breast cancer. A significant number of breast cancers will start in the "tail" of the breast that is more up on the chest. Again, this is less likely but should be considered. A direct physical exam will help figure this out.

|