News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: Green Discharge

Tucket - Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:02 pm

I have noticed that there has been a slight change in my areola, so I gave my breast a little squeeze and a dark geen , but clear liquid came out as milk would have come out when I was breast feed. Which I haven't done for over two years. I have somked on and off for approximately 16 years and spent about 14 of those on the contraceptive pill. Is this something I sould be worried about, and if so is there a chance that it could be nothing.

Tucket
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:09 pm

User avatar Green or yellow nipple discharge that appears on squeezing is common and is usually nothing to worry about. Fibrocystic changes often contain a yellow or green or greenish-black fluid as do breast cysts. If it starts occuring spontaneously or it progresses then you may need to be examined and treated for possible infection.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here