Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: Green Discharge

Tucket - Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:02 pm

I have noticed that there has been a slight change in my areola, so I gave my breast a little squeeze and a dark geen , but clear liquid came out as milk would have come out when I was breast feed. Which I haven't done for over two years. I have somked on and off for approximately 16 years and spent about 14 of those on the contraceptive pill. Is this something I sould be worried about, and if so is there a chance that it could be nothing.

Tucket
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:09 pm

User avatar Green or yellow nipple discharge that appears on squeezing is common and is usually nothing to worry about. Fibrocystic changes often contain a yellow or green or greenish-black fluid as do breast cysts. If it starts occuring spontaneously or it progresses then you may need to be examined and treated for possible infection.