Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Lumps in neck.

BhamautRetsu - Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:23 am

Past diagnosis/surgeries:
I am 18 years old male. I have been diagnosed with scoliosis and kyphosis about 5 years ago. I also had a surgery of appendicitis 2 and a half years ago. My grandmather (form mother's line) died of colon cancer. I also suffer from IBS. I have also been bitten by deer tick about 3-4 times in the last 3 years. The sores from bite didn't heal even now, and they itch from time to time. Oh, and also all of my 4 wisdom teeth strated to grow 2 years ago

Problem:
My main problem are 2 big lumps on my neck. They are rock-hard, and i have had them for 2 years, maybe even more. They didn't grow even a little since then. One of them is a little bigger then the other, by 1 or 2mm. They are located in the neck, one is on the left side, the other on the right. They are located in exactly the same place (symmetrically). They are located behind the ears, when the jaw meets the skull, but not when the hair line starts, a little lower (right below the mandibular process).

They are palpable, but only when I hold my head in a specific position. When my neck is straight, i can't palpate them. Their size is about 5-7 cm, and they go deep in my neck/head. They don't get inflamed or sore/itchy. I have noticed them by accident. I was scratching in the back of my neck, and felt one of them (behind the left ear). Then I looked on the right and found another one. Their size was the same as it is now, so they could've been there for longer then 2 years.The one on the left hurts sometimes (like a nerve pain). It hurts about 2-3 times a month, and this pain lasts for 2-5 minutes. This hasn't intensified in 2 years. And they are really hard, I mean like a rock or a bone. Also they can't be seen, only palpated.

I also have petechiae, but only on my hands starting from the elbow. I also had them for 2 years. They get bigger and more bright after excessive running. I have made a blood test a few times, but everything is fine. I don't have night sweats, fever, sweating, loss of appetite or fatigue. Though I do have some unexplained chills from time to tome, about 2 times a month. They didn't intensify in the last 2 years.

I have looked on the internet, and found about lymphoma. Please, could you help me with your opinion. I didn't bother going to a doctor, because they don't bother me at all, and i have a feeling that this is just some bone or muscle. I also thought about Lyme disease, but I don't have any symptoms... Your help would be very appreciated. Thanks!
 BhamautRetsu - Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:30 pm

I have made an ultrasound, and those lumps turned out to be normal bones. Sorry for any inconvenience.

|