News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Endocrine Cancers

Question: Calcified thyroid nodule /w enlarged lymph nodes

neala - Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:36 am

I am a 28 year old female and have been having many health issues. The first health issue started when I was 17 years old with many episodes of renal colic. The stones are calcium oxalate and nothing my urologist asked me to do helped. Recently I have been diagnosed with Celiac Disease and have been gluten-free for almost a year now. In the past year and a half I have been having chest pain, rapid heart rate, fatigue and high blood pressure. The blood pressure and heart rate are not as severe anymore, just borderline now. The chest pain is becoming more and more prevelant. For the past year and a half I have had enlarged cervical lymph nodes that increase then decrease in size within weeks. I am being sent to an ENT in Jan. I just had an xray of my cervical spine as I have been having back/neck pain for over 10 years. The xray showed a calcified thyroid nodule. Can this be linked to the enlarged lymph nodes and the symptoms I have been having for so long?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:28 pm

User avatar Hello,

Calcification of a solitary thyroid nodule in a young patient should call for further investigations. Whether or not this is related to the cervical lymph node enlargement depends on many factors. Rather than research a possible link between the two findings I think you should invistigate the calcified nodule in its own right.

Please keep this thread updated.

Best wishes and Merry Christmas!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here