News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Hodgkins now Achalasia

vinnie - Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:40 pm

Vinnie here was diagnosed with Hodgkins, Dec-05 had it for 10mos, stage 3B,NS, area infected was the retroperitoneum-mesentery part of the abdomen, in the 9mo had problems swallowing food,regurgitation,hiccups etc.Went for 6mos of ABVD after that went for a barium swallow they saw narrow tapering of the esophagus, then a manometry test, had absent-peristalsis of the esophagus, would like to know if this caused by the Hodgkins.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:05 am

User avatar Hello Vinnie,

I am sorry to hear all that you have gone through! Hang in there you seem to be a survivor!

So what happened after your diagnosis with Hodgkin's Lymphoma? Were you treated with ABVD right away? Did you receive radiotherapy after you finished your 6 cycles of ABVD?

A number of possibilities can cause your condition starting from the effects of radiotherapy to a tumor / lymphoma (unlikely) to something completely benign and unrelated to your diagnosis of Hodgkin's lymphoma.

What was your doctor's opinion? Did he order any other investigations?
 vinnie - Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:43 am

After going for a Cat scan last week they saw slightly increase lymphadenopathy in the mesentery area,it was good being in remission for a year,so my doc ordered a PET scan,is there any other chemo-treatment besides ABVD,looking at past CAT scans the Bleomycin is putting small scars in both of my lobes {ground-glass opacities}, do not want to end up with pulmonary fibrosis as i grow old,had a lot of left shoulder pain in the last 6mos,went to see a Orthopaedic we thought it was a rotator cuff problem did 2mos of physical therapy only made it worse,ordered a MRI test, came back negative,seen a lot of imflammation in that area.I'm now wondering if i have Rheumatism and this is causing lymph node enlargement thus causing Hodgkins.As for my Achalasia went for a pneumatic balloon dilation can finally swallow again-Vinnie

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here