Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: A swolen bump

HappyLady27 - Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:18 pm

Im so sorry if this has been asked but im worried. I just had brain sugery. I have epilepsy, and it turned out to be a brain tumor that the doctors missed for years now im parrinoid.
I have a hard bump behind my ear tward the center not near the ear lobe. It has been there for a long time years, but now im afraide it may be bigger. The visiting nurse said if its bigger its becuse its working to help out healing me. She also said if I had anything wrong the would have found out with all the tests they did before sugery they did lots of blod tests.
Im so sorry I just would like to know if im parrianoid for if I should be worried.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:54 pm

User avatar Hi HappyLady27,

The area you are describing does contain many lymph nodes. It may be that what you are feeling is a lymph node that remained enlarged after it had swollen due to an infection. This is a relatively common occurrence. The lymph nodes may remain about the size of a pea. They still function normally.

If the node begins to get bigger associated with an infection it isn't particularly concerning. If it begins to enlarge without having a cold it should be re-evaluated by your doctor.

HappyLady27 - Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:41 pm

I didnt think about it but I have cronic sinus infections, always in the winter and then in the summer they are gone. I have a diviated septum that I should have sugery for but I cant becuse of my epilepsy and sugery. this could make my lymph noide behind my ear swell up correct? that makes me feel a bit better. Thank you so much for answering me.

|