Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: 18 yr.old male worried i might have something serious

derostic - Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:15 pm

I'm 18 and I am a pretty big guy. Inside of my left breast it feels like there is an oval shaped lump it feels pretty hard but it also feels like its wrapped in something soft maybe? when i touch it it moves. The nipple is inverted and has been for years. I get alot of chest pain on the left side mostly where it is. Also I'd like to state that I seem to have a very weak immune system I don't know if it has any relevance. but i am very scared and would like to know if its something i should get checked out, please email me if you can at x33shadesofgreen@mail.com, if not please just reply on here
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:07 pm

User avatar Hi Derostic,

There are a few possibilities. Let's start with breast cancer. Breast cancer can occur in men but it is very uncommon. Most commonly breast cancer lumps are hard and may be fixed in place.

Another possibility is a lipoma. A lipoma is a fat cell tumor that is non-cancerous. They are often asymptomatic but can become sore/painful. If they are causing problems, they can often be removed fairly simply.

I would recommend you have this evaluated just to be sure everything is OK. Most likely this is nothing serious but on the rare chance that it is a cancer picking it up early is important.

|