News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Colon and Rectal Cancers

Question: one episode of diarrheoa with hemorrage

tomosaka - Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:00 am

Dear doctor,

I am a male 25 years old with clear medical history. 2 weeks ago, I have diarrheoa starting from afternnoon to nighttime around 10 times, around 10 min between each diarrheoa. at first the feaces are normal then become less solid, lastly become liquid with some blood (fresh, pink in colour, noticed when I look at the toilet). I seek medical advice and the doctor said there may be bacterial infection of the intestine and i was prescribed with medicine at that night. The condition disppeared when I get up next morning. I am worried about the situation, do u think I need to do more further investigation like endoscopy? I don't have this experience before and this is the first time and disppeared promptly after taking the medicine. Thanks
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:21 pm

User avatar Hello Tomosaka,

If I am understanding correctly, your diarrhea lasted for one day and has since resolved by the next day. If it has not returned it is likely that it was an infection, as your doctor has suspected. Usually, if it were a bacteria I would have expected the symptoms to have lasted for longer (but not always).

If your symptoms return I would suggest that you see your doctor. Otherwise, I think there is little to worry about.

Best wishes.
 tomosaka - Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:03 pm

Thanks Dr. for your advice. But may I ask further why there will be blood? Although it seems very diluted and pink but I noticed the presence in the toilet, not when I do the cleaning with tissue. thanks a lot!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here