News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: Paget's disease of the breast or yeast infection?

guest51 - Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:24 pm

I need some advice on this, my doctor was doing a routine check and found a lesion on my right breast, it kind of looks like a small mole and I also have had small, flaky patches that itch on and off, the dry skin also comes and goes. She said it could be a yeast infection but after reading about my symptoms on the internet, it sounds like paget's disease. I'm going for a mammogram shortly, I've been worried sick since reading about this, does this sound like something serious? Thanks so much in advance for any advice.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:33 pm

User avatar Hello,
You have not offered much information here such as your age. Pagets of the breast is typically found in people over age 60 and it generally starts at the nipple. Does this describe you?

Mention your concern to your doctor but since you will be getting a mammogram soon, I think you can be assured you are getting the follow-up you need regardless.

Best wishes.
 guest51 - Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:50 am

I'm sorry for not giving you much information, I'm 53 years old and going through menopause. It started off with a burning itch of the nipple and then I got the flaky skin around the nipple that comes and goes. I'm really concerned about these symptoms and with the holidays here I'm not so sure I'll get answers so quickly.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here