Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: Paget's disease of the breast or yeast infection?

guest51 - Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:24 pm

I need some advice on this, my doctor was doing a routine check and found a lesion on my right breast, it kind of looks like a small mole and I also have had small, flaky patches that itch on and off, the dry skin also comes and goes. She said it could be a yeast infection but after reading about my symptoms on the internet, it sounds like paget's disease. I'm going for a mammogram shortly, I've been worried sick since reading about this, does this sound like something serious? Thanks so much in advance for any advice.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:33 pm

You have not offered much information here such as your age. Pagets of the breast is typically found in people over age 60 and it generally starts at the nipple. Does this describe you?

Mention your concern to your doctor but since you will be getting a mammogram soon, I think you can be assured you are getting the follow-up you need regardless.

guest51 - Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:50 am

I'm sorry for not giving you much information, I'm 53 years old and going through menopause. It started off with a burning itch of the nipple and then I got the flaky skin around the nipple that comes and goes. I'm really concerned about these symptoms and with the holidays here I'm not so sure I'll get answers so quickly.

|