Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: Texture, Mobility, Appearance?

lanieoneill - Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:13 am

I have posted before, but I still have more questions.

I was around 12 or 13 (I got my period when I was 11 1/2) when I first noticed lumps in the upper part of both of my breasts. Now I'm starting to think that they are anchored to the side of my armpit, but for the longest time I thought they were movable, now I'm not so sure. How obvious is it, because I really can't tell? Also is there a definite texture to breast lumps? I recently read that malignant tumors have a similar texture to that of golfballs, which are what mine feel like. Is this true for all cancerous tumors? They feel like the same tissue in my bicep, which is why I can't tell if it's attached to my armit or not becuase it could be the same tissue. But to have it in my breasts too, I don't understand. My nipples are also inverted, but also the area directly below my nipples is larger and "plumper" the the above my nipple. They always look this way, except when I'm cold. What could be the cause of this? I don't think I have ever experienced discharge. My breasts have never looked normal, and have been this way ever since I felt the lumps when I was 12. And have always looked identical to each other. I am now 21, and have not seen a doctor. Lately I have been experiencing sypmtoms of anemia (numbness, low blood pressure, dry skin, amenorrhea, dizziness, muscle/bone pain, chest pain) and I read that a common cause of anemia is cancer. Could it be possible that I have been living with breast cancer for 9 years, and now am developping anemia? Or what are the chances that these two conditions are unrelated? I am scheduling a doctor's appointment next week as I am getting increasingly scared. But I would greatly appreciate some insight before I go! I am extremely terrified as my symptoms seem to be leading to one thing... I am really, really scared!
 lanieoneill - Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:53 am

Hi, me again. Could all my symptoms also be due to a hormonal imbalance? Other symptoms I experience are sweating, nervousness, heart palpitations, oily skin, white heads (on my face that never go away), abdominal fat (I'm 5"5', 117lbs and all the weight is on my stomach/thighs), dry hair (also before my period I had straight hair, now it's curly and frizzy), constant bloating, fatigue (I always have to take a nap in the afternoon). And my most recent symptoms have been absent period (it's been a year) and numbness (in pinky toe, and a bit in my upper leg)

Also, regarding my breasts, could it be that I have Fibrocystic Breast Disease? Like I mentioned in my previous post, I'm not sure if the lumps are anchored. But it doesn't feel like they're attached to my ribs. The lumps in my breasts developed at the same time and are similar in size, shape and texture. And I discovered that Fibrocystic Breast Disease is also a symptom of a hormone imbalance.

I'm sorry if i seem scattered and I'm asking so many questions, I'm just really worried and tired of dealing with all of these symptoms. I'm not asking for a diagnosis, but if you have any explanation as to what's wrong with me I would greatly appreciate it! I'm scheduling a doctor's appointment very soon, so I can hopefully find out what I've been dealing with these past 9 years. I know I've waited much too long to seek medical help, I've just always been so scared and embarrassed. I know that's no excuse. I'm so exhausted and tired of dealing with this on my own. I'm ready to hand it over to someone else, someone who can help me. I've been extremely stressed about this for a long time, which hasn't helped my condition.

Anyway, those are all of my symptoms that I can think of right now.

Thanks for your time!

|