Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: Lump on left testicle

wbutchart - Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:28 pm

A few weeks ago i discovered a lump on my lift testicle. Its at the top left quite near the back and is hard and painless. I went to the docs and he could not find it, its rather small (around 2mm) he told me plainly he could not find it and to return if its grew or causing pain. I can still find it and it does appear to be growing. What is also concerning is that the testicle its on appears to be shrinking!. Does anyone have any idea what it could be. I know that it could be cancer but its unliky. I am 24. A few things the doc said concerned me - he told me that cancer was very unlikly in my age group in the testicle (epidemiology states i am bang in the middle of the high risk group) and he told me only if it caused pain should i be concerned which is also not true. I left not knowing if the doc was lying to reassure (which in the days of the internet is pointless) or if he was not to clued up on TC.

Anyone any ideas if i should be concerned and if i should go back to the doc and ask to see a urologist?

Thanks for the time its much appretiated.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:09 am

User avatar Hi Wbutchart,

I would recommend that you have this followed up on. A hard, painless lump in the testis should be further evaluated to assess for testicular cancer. A urologist would be a very appropriate specialist to see.

soldier11c43 - Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:36 am

Im a 22 male who found a small lump on my left testicle its extremly hard hurts all the time not just the lump but the whole testicall im scared to death wondering what it could be

|