Forum Name: Brain Tumors

Question: Lump in back of head

HappyLady27 - Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:36 pm

Hi everyone happy new year.
I just had a brain tumor removed to help stop my epilepsy so I am a little worried about everything. My head was shaved so I can notice everything. If you start at the back of my head where my hair starts to right before the middle of the back of my head I have this lump. it is wide and long and hard it is an indent. you can start at the top my head and run your fingers down and go right over the big lump. It dosent hurt. It hasnt gotten biger I have had it for a long time. My family says it is probbly how my skull goes becuse I was a premee but should I worry about this? I used to feel it when I had long hair but now it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Thanks so much.
Happy lady
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:32 pm

User avatar Hello Happy Lady,

I think your doctor is probably correct. Most likely, since your hair is now short you are simply noticing normal variations of the skull. It is common for there to be some lumps/dips in the skull, especially in the back.

As long as this bump isn't hurting you or changing I wouldn't worry about it. If it is tender or changing you should have your doctor evaluate it.

HappyLady27 - Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:50 pm

thank you very much for answering my question You are very helpful! Have a good weekend! :)

SweetLady 27
 HappyLady27 - Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:51 pm

opps I wrote my name wrong Happylady27:)

|