News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Head sweating at night.

ACTN - Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:26 pm

I have been experiencing night sweats 3-4 nights a week now for a couple of years. Usually this is only head related, i.e. wake up with sweaty hair, damp pillow. I have no other symptoms relating to lymphoma.

I binge drink 2-3 nights a week, thought this may have something to do with that. Should I be more alarmed?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:20 pm

User avatar Hello,
I am alarmed at the binge drinking. This is definitely detrimental to your health. It may not be the cause of the sweating but it certainly will take its toll on other systems of your body. Please stop this destructive behavior. If the sweats are related, discontinuation should be the acid test.

I don't have enough information to suggest anything else. If you are female, there is the possibility of hormonal fluctuation, even perimenopause. Night sweats can also be associated with serious infection such as TB.

Good luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here