News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Head and Neck Cancer

Question: Knot/bump on my right temple...

magpie701 - Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:16 am

Hi,

I just recently (in the last few weeks) noticed a small knot on my right temple. It doesn't bother me unless I touch it, then it hurts a bit. I was feeling it last night probably too much and woke up with a slight headache on that side this morning. Could this be a swollen lymph node or something more serious? I am currently in between health insurance companies so I don't want to go to the Dr unless it could be serious... thanks for your help :)

Nervous...
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:59 pm

User avatar Hello Magpie701,

This may be a swollen lymph node. There are lymph nodes throughout the body. This area is a little outside the common chains but may still have lymph nodes there.

If the lump is getting bigger, not going away over the next week or so, or if it becomes more painful I would recommend you have this evaluated.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here