News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Head and Neck Cancer

Question: Young Male, lumps on head/behind ears. Worried

Jamie2700 - Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:28 pm

Hi, I am 15 years old and about a year ago I noticed two lumps right behind both my ears, kind of on the bone that runs behind it. They and kind of soft but a little hard and you can move them a little, they are kind of like the lumps dogs get when they get older but these are smaller, kind of bean-sized. Scince then I have noticed 2 more around the middle right and middle left of my head, around the same place on both sides.
They don't hurt at all but they seem to sometimes be smaller or larger than other times.
I've been quite worried at what these are for some time now.
I've though maybe they could be a build up of fat because I am quite big.
But I am worried so if someone could please help that would be great.
Thanks.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:45 pm

User avatar Hello Jamie2700,

What you are feeling are most likely lymph nodes. The areas you are describing have many lymph nodes. They can enlarge and reduce in size as they are fighting off illnesses.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here