News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Head and Neck Cancer

Question: tumors over night?

jbarj80 - Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:05 pm

For three days my toung was in pain when i ate acidic things or hot things. My tonsils were slightly swollen and nodes were kid of swollen under my jaw. I kept checking them numerous time. Then one morning i woke up and had the pains were gone but had these sac like things haning down from the inside of my jaw. They don't hurt but could be weird tumors? could they just appear like that over night? All the other symptems seem to have gone away except these.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:16 pm

User avatar Hello Jbarj80,

I am less likely to think these are tumors. They may still be related to the cause of your tongue pain. It may be that you had an infection of your tongue (such as with a virus) that has now moved to other areas of your mouth causing the swelling.

If this persists I would recommend you have your doctor evaluate this.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here