Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: Young male, irregular lumps in scrotum.

Jamie2700 - Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:11 pm

A few months ago I noticed a couple of lumps in my scrotum, about the size of peas, not on my tesitcals but around the outside of it, I don't not what to call it, kind of the outer edge of it, they were on the same place on each side, at the top. I can feel them I they don't hurt when I touch them.
Then, today I noticed two more, they were a bigger and at the same side but more down to the bottom. They are not really shaped, they are like tissue really.
They are quite hard are you can't move them.
They don't hurt at all, just ache a tinny bit when touching them.
I'm 15 years old, so I don't know if this is normal or not ... well is any lumps down there normal?

Thanks.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:50 pm

User avatar Hello Jamie2700,

I'm not exactly certain what you may be feeling. Generally there are not large lumps in the scrotum (with the exception of the testis themselves and the epididymus which sits directly on top of each testis). Occasionally there are veins in the scrotum that you may be feeling, though your description doesn't really sound like this.

I would recommend you have your doctor examine these lumps when you're in the office next. If they begin to enlarge or you have many more you should probably go sooner just to be sure everything is OK. Given your age, this is pretty unlikely to be anything bad. It's best to have this examined so you can be sure of everything.

|